When developing the outline sketch the following works are carried out:
- performance of versions of possible decisions, establishment of features of options, their design study. Depth of such study has to be sufficient for comparison of the considered options.
- Production and test of material models and (or) development and the analysis of electronic models for the purpose of check of the principles of work of a product and its components.
- Development and justification of the technical solutions aimed at providing the indicators of reliability established by the specification and the technical offer.
- A product assessment on technological effectiveness and correctness of a choice of control devices (tests, the analysis, measurements).
- A product assessment on indicators of standardization and unification.
- A product assessment concerning its compliance to requirements of ergonomics, an industrial art.
- Check of options on the patent frequency and competitiveness, registration of demands for inventions.
- Check of compliance of options to requirements of safety measures and production sanitation.
- Choice of optimum option of a product, justification of a choice; adoption of basic decisions; confirmation of the requirements imposed to a product established by the specification.
- Drawing up the list of works which it is necessary to develop at the subsequent stage, in addition or specification of the works provided by the specification.
- Study of the main questions of manufacturing techniques (if necessary).