BIM (Building Information Modeling or Building Information Model) — information modeling of the building or information model of the building.
Information modeling of the building — is approach to construction, equipment, ensuring operation and repair of the building (to management of life cycle of object). BIM helps designers of systems of OVK, electric and sanitary systems to expect the end result of design still before construction begins. Design and performance of calculations on computer model allows quicker and with bigger economic efficiency to create the difficult, not breaking ecological equilibrium engineering systems. At construction planning there is an opportunity in due time to reveal parts of the project which will cause difficulties, and to turn on this attention of specialists of the design organization.
The three-dimensional model of the building, or other construction object connected with information database in which each element of model can appropriate additional attributes. Feature of such approach is that the construction object is projected actually as a unit. And change any one of its parameters involves automatic change of other related parameters and objects, up to drawings, visualization, specifications and the schedule diagram.
In case of use of BIM the customer/owner of object receives through exchange of information from idea of creation of object before development of the full project, control of construction with obtaining actual information by the time of input of object in operation, control of parameters during operation, and even at reconstruction or a conclusion of object from operation.
Information model of the building — is digital information on the projected or already existing object which can be used for:
- adoptions of concrete design decisions,
- creations of high-quality project documentation,
- predictions of operational qualities of object,
- estimating and construction plans,
- order and production of materials and equipment,
- managements of construction of the building,
- management and operation of the building and means of a hardware during all life cycle,
- managements of the building as object of commercial activity,
- design and management of reconstruction or repair of the building,
- demolition and utilization of the building,
- other purposes connected with the building.